We hope you will consider Finkley Down Farm for your visit.
Many nurseries, pre-schools, primary and junior schools come back year after year, as there is plenty to see and do whatever your chosen topic, and makes a great end of term reward.
There are lots of hands-on learning with children able to touch and feed the animals. Check out our Daily Activities timetable which the children can join in on the visit. Finkley Down Farm offers a choice of activities for Pre-School and Key Stage 1 pupils.
Time to use toilets and store lunch boxes in your class area.
A member of staff takes you on an interactive guided tour of the farm with hands-on activities included:
- Rabbit Handling
- Pony Grooming
- Animal Feeding
- Meet the Reptiles
If you would like your tour to be based on your school topics, please let us know and we will try to accommodate your request.
Lunch can be taken as a picnic outside on the grass or eaten in our marquee during inclement weather.
After lunch you are able to explore the rest of the farm. There are lots of indoor and outdoor play to enjoy.
There is also Meet The Birds of Prey at 1pm and The British Lamb Prix Sheep Race at 2pm.
Alternatively, you may wish to conduct your own tour and enjoy our touch, learn and interact sessions that are open to the public.
Pre-booked Group Rates
Pre-booked groups of 15 persons will get the following discount rates:
One adult is admitted FREE for every 5 paying children as part of a group booking.
|Person Type||Group Entry Price|
|Students (Valid Student ID Required)||£7.95|
|Children (Aged 2-16 Years)||£7.45 or £8.45 With Tour|
|Children Under 2||Free|
- Animal-based activities children can join in with.
- Hands on experience of touching and feeding animals.
- Active breeding programme with lots of baby animals for you to see.
- Exciting playground with sandpit, trampolines, go-carts and ride on tractors.
- Free recce visit for teachers.
- Our own risk assessment to help you do yours:
Risk Assessment PDF
- Hand washing facilities
- Qualified First Aiders.
- Somewhere to leave bags and lunch-boxes.
- Gift shop with pocket money prices.
- Tearoom for coffee, ice-creams etc.
- Lots of picnic tables for lunch (tables in barn or tearoom if wet).
- Fantastic classroom and on-site activity ideas.
- Informed staff who are happy to answer any questions.
- Free car and coach parking, Voucher for coach drivers.
- Best time to visit – we have baby animals throughout the season. Spring and particularly Autumn term is the quietest.